Wine and Bike, 5 days
Within six days you will ride through one out of three Slovene wine-growing regions, divided to 14 wine-growing districts which are ranked among the best in the world with regard to quality. Due to the differences in soil, climate, and cellaring methods, each wine-growing region has its own selection of varieties. No less than 52 vine varieties grow in Slovenia. You start your tour between Goriška Brda and Vipava Valley and head first to Goriška Brda for the visit some of the most authentic vine cellars in the region, often called also small Tuscany. You continue to Vipava valley, for visit some of the oldest vine cellars in the region. Later you pedal to Karst, known by red wine Teran. Finish is on Slovenian coastline, where great Refošk and fresh Malvazija are produced. On the sea side you will have the possibility to enjoy and take a rest on the beach for some more days.
Accommodation in small authentic Hotels and lovely guesthouses.
● Goriška Brda, one of the TOP Slovenian destination for wine, fruits, olive oil.
● Pedal among numerous vineyards.
● Sample authentic cuisine at local restaurants & sip Slovenian wines with local expert.
● Stunning views of alpine peaks & Adriatic Sea at the same time.
● Magnificent views, while descending to Adriatic coast.
● Exploring medieval streets in charming city of Piran.
● Possibility to explore Koper, Izola and Piran - romantic seaside towns with certain Venetian charm.
● Possibility to visit Škocjan caves, listed on UNESCO heritage list.
● Relax at the seaside & have a bath in warm Adriatic Sea.
Day 1: Nova Gorica – Goriška Brda. Distance: 35 km.
Day 2: Goriška Brda
Day 3: Goriška Brda – Štanjel – Vipava. Distance: 45 km.
Day 4: Vipava – Sežana. Distance: 40 km.
Day 5: Sežana – Koper – Piran. Distance: 50 km.