White or red, lushly aromatic, strong, full-bodied or light, dry or sweet – no matter what kind of wine you prefer, you will discover your favourite variety during three days ride through one of the Slovene wine-growing regions, which are ranked among the best in the world. Due to the differences in soil, climate, and cellaring methods, each wine-growing region has its own selection of varieties. No less than 52 vine varieties grow in Slovenia. We start the tour in Nova Gorica and we head first to Goriška Brda. We will visit one of the most authentic vine cellars in the region, often called also small Tuscany. The second cycling day we visit Vipava valley, ranked among 10 best destinations 2018 by Lonely Planet. The last day of our cycling day, we will take the train to Soča valley. Nicknamed “The Emerald Beauty,” the river has appeared in multiple well-known poems and movies and inspired many visitors. Cycling along this emerald beauty among the high Julijan Alps.
● Ljubljana, one of the TOP European short break destination & the greenest city in Europe.
● Explore Postojna cave – the only karst cave with a railway and its mysterious underground network of karst corridors, galleries and halls.
● Visit of Goriška Brda, called also Slovenian Tuscany.
● Enjoy stunning views of alpine peaks & Adriatic Sea at the same time.
● Visiting medieval town Vipavski Križ.
● Sample authentic cuisine at a local farm.
● Have an authentic lunch in one of local old wine growing farm.
● Vine tasting in local small vine cellars, where the owner tells you the secret of vine producing.
● Emerald Soča river and possibility of rafting.
Itinerary (guided tour):
Day 1: arrival to Ljubljana
Day 2: Ljubljana - Postojna – Nova Gorica – Goriška Brda – Nova Gorica. Distance: 42 km.
Day 3: Nova Gorica (train) – Štanjel – Vipavski križ – Nova Gorica. Distance: 50 km.
Day 4: Nova Gorica – Most na Soči – Kobarid – Nova Gorica. Distance: 50 km.
Day 5: Nova Gorica.
Please contact us for the detailed itinerary and other information: firstname.lastname@example.org